Featured Post

A crash course in how to fly from the US to Europe for under $200

Hey, blog-o-pals! I thought I would make a nice user-friendly basic guide on how to fly between Europe and the US for under $200 each way, s...

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Spirit Airlines Review

SPIRIT AIRLINES REVIEW: tl;dr: two thumbs up! man-with-thumbs-up-sign


PRICE: Thanks to Spirit Airlines' constant sales, I nabbed a direct flight from Vegas to Philadelphia for $83. Without the sale, it would have been $100, which is OK, too, really. Could have been like $50 if I flew to Latrobe/Pittsburgh, but then I would have had to get to Pittsburgh, then take the bus to Philly, yada yada, which would basically cost the same as just flying direct.

CONVENIENCE: Spirit flew into major, public-transit-accessible airports. My flight left about 20 minutes late, which is pretty OK with me, considering I've had 7-hour waits with the fancy expensive airlines before.

BAGGAGE POLICY: I expected to have to whip out my carry-on vest due to Spirit's personal-item-only policy, but their personal item dimensions are actually really big! My 38L camping backpack fit easily in the measuring-box-thing, and nobody bothered me at all. backpack

ENJOYMENT OF FLIGHT: I was asleep like 99% of the four-hour flight, so I guess it was pretty comfy. The bathrooms were fine. I wasn't woken up every half hour by people trying to sell products, although I can't guarantee that they didn't try, because I was just super asleep. None of that weird lighting nonsense that Norwegian Air does so that you can't sleep. No free blankets or anything but that's pretty normal these days. Yay Spirit Airlines! 5 stars, 2 thumbs, etc. etc.

NOTE: Google Flights does NOT register Spirit's sale prices, so you must check Spirit's website under "deals." There seems to be a new batch of amazing deals every few days, so check constantly to find the best ones for you. Unlike Frontier, Spirit's deals tend to cover a lot more ground, so no matter where you live, you'll find something good. Fun travel fact: Long-haul buses stop at fast-food places, but almost never Taco Bell.

1 comment: