Featured Post

A crash course in how to fly from the US to Europe for under $200

Hey, blog-o-pals! I thought I would make a nice user-friendly basic guide on how to fly between Europe and the US for under $200 each way, s...

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Fly to Scandinavia for $150 with Norwegian Airlines

Norwegian Airlines is now offering flights from NYC to Norway, Denmark, and Sweden for about $150 one-way!  No added fees or anything.
You can also fly from select other East and West Coast airports. They just dropped the price on flights to mainland Europe, too, so you can now fly to Paris or Amsterdam for less than $200.

I flew Norwegian from New York to Oslo, Norway last winter. It was a relatively pleasant experience. I was allowed to bring a normal carry-on suitcase for free, which makes it better than WowAir, the other cheap transatlantic choice. I did need to use my carry-on vest.

 They did weird stuff involving colored lights in the cabin, in an attempt to make us not feel jetlagged, but it really just made me feel angry and unable to sleep well. Bring a sleep mask; don't be like me. Otherwise, it was a very nice experience, considering it cost me about $150. There were no layovers, and they had nice tablets on the seats so I could watch movies: finally, an excuse to watch "17 Again," starring Zac Efron! When you take budget flights, don't expect them to provide you with a cheap dinner. Bring food or buy something at the airport; I've heard that Norwegian's airplane food is mediocre and overpriced. They don't provide you with a little blanket or any of that stuff, so, again, bring your own. On the whole, it was as positive an experience as a red-eye flight can be.

There are a number of slightly more expensive non-stop and one-stop destinations as well, including basically anywhere in Europe, as well as Bangkok, Thailand, Morocco, Dubai, and Tel Aviv, Israel.  You can get to most of those locations for $150-$350 one-way.  More info here: http://www.norwegian.com/us/flight/tips/

Also, I have a Twitter account, so all you crazy kids out there can tweet and follow and whatever it is you do with Twitter: https://twitter.com/SGtraveldeals

No comments:

Post a Comment