Featured Post

A crash course in how to fly from the US to Europe for under $200

Hey, blog-o-pals! I thought I would make a nice user-friendly basic guide on how to fly between Europe and the US for under $200 each way, s...

Saturday, January 9, 2016

DIY Carry-On Vest

A few old patches, a lonely underused denim shirt, and a couple hours at the sewing machine later, the punk rock carry-on vest is complete! Every patch is a pocket. It can hold about 7-8 shirts, 2 pants, and a few pairs of socks/underwear, and more if I stuff it.  Very simple to make: just cut the sleeves off a button-down shirt (I like to cut them off just outside the seams) and sew on patches, making sure to only attach the patches on 3 sides. I used a zigzag stitch and went over everything with the zigzag stitch twice, to make sure it’s strong.
carry on vest front
Fun punk fact: If you wear this vest, homeless people will give you “the nod.”

1 comment: